Dr WL Craig suggests a quick answer:
I can think of 5 reasons for belief in God:
- Gd is the best explanation for while anything at all exists rather than nothing, for the beginning of the universe
- Gd is the best explanation for the fine tuning of the universe for intelligent life
- Gd is the best explanation for objective moral values and duties in the world
- Gd is the best explanation of the historical facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth
- Gd can be personally known and experienced
I'd add two more:
- Gd is the best explanation for personhood within the universe that has self-conscious being
- Gd provides the best explanation for man's (humanity's) existential condition.
And there's one more: God makes joy, beauty and peace real.
I'll seek to enlarge on these over coming weeks. Craig says that in his experience many people are satisfied that you have reasons.