13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
Nada, or, if I must answer: movements in the stock market.
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
I was planning to take a cruise in Alaska prior to meeting my now wife, but...No, I got married instead.
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Only others can judge that...what have I enjoyed achieving? Growing in understanding and confidence.
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
The other person’s fellowship.
17. What is your most treasured memory?
My childhood, particularly the morning sun shafting into our lounge room with the happy sounds of my parents, particularly my mother, in the background.
18. What is your most terrible memory?
The outwash of rejection in a very significant relationship.
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
I’d stop watching crappy TV shows; because they are crappy.
20. What does friendship mean to you?
Non-judgmental open and generous conversation with comfortable silences.
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Well, its all about love: as imperfectly as I do it, but I find nothing more deeply satisfying than seeing someone enjoy time that I spend with them.
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
Can’t do this on a blog.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
Yes, although in my Army psych interview I inadvertently said 'no' to a similar question...still got in.
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
She’s dead, so I don’t have one.