From left to right:
- the unadorned rear of an upright piano
- the semi-unadorned rear of an electronic organ
- a collection of music stands
- empty chairs for when musicians are there
- an un-used (sometimes) drum kit
- an tall un-used stand, probably for a vase
- empty microphone stands
- music and microphone stands for the singers, when they are there
- the lecturn
- large projection screen behind (blank if not used)
- a lone vase with flowers
- an unfinished timber lid to the baptism tank.
When one walks into the auditorium, one is faced with the large two-person audio-visual control desk. About one quarter of the congregation look into the very technical display.
Contrast this with the church auditorium below
Dignity and visual charm are not misplaced in our meeting spaces but are part of the building up of the community.